Fish/Meat Stock Recipe
- 2 medium non-oily fish, such as snapper
- 3-4 litres of purified water
- 1 tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar
- Assortment of vegetables, as desired: onions, carrots, celery stalks, bouquet garni, fresh bay leaf, fresh thyme, rosemary, sage
- Sea/rock salt, 1-2 teaspoons, to be added in the last 10 minutes of cooking
- Parsley, to be added in the last 10 minutes of cooking
Rinse fish in purified water. Remove meat from the fish and reserve for cooking. Place bones, fins, tails, skin and heads in the pot. Add remaining ingredients. Fill pot with purified water. Allow the pot and its contents to stand for 30 minutes, giving the raw apple cider vinegar time to draw minerals out of the bones. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 1 to 1 ½ hours.
Add parsley and salt during the last 10 minutes of cooking. Remove the fish bones and other large parts. Strain the stock. Set aside remaining ingredients for preparing fish broth.
Meat Stock - chicken, fish, lamb, beef